Sunday morning on my way to church I stopped by my parents' house to pick up something. My Granny lives with them so I spent a few minutes talking to her. As I was leaving I looked at her and she looked so distraught. I asked her what was wrong and she began sobbing into her hands. I have NEVER seen her cry like this. I ran to her and knelt at her chair and asked her what was wrong. She told me that she was depressed because she woke up this morning. She had prayed she would die in her sleep. We sat there just sobbing together. She said that she is in the way and a bother and that her body and mind are falling apart. I reassured her she wasn't and that we take care of her because we love her. She can hardly walk and spends most of her day in a wheelchair. She is so weak she can hardly go anywhere. She hurts and is just plain miserable. She is dependent on others for her care. She began to feel better after a good cry and I finally went to church. I just wanted to stay with her but Leopold was depending on me to bring him something. After church we picked her up so she could see Yellow Bird in her gymnastics competition. She was so tired when we were done but she loved every minute of it. I kept asking her the whole time if she were OK because I told her I would take her home whenever she needed to go. She said she was fine but I could see in her eyes she was so tired. She wasn't leaving for anything. I hate that she feels like she is a bother to us. I feel that taking care of her is honoring her the way Scripture commands. She has been such a wonderful Granny that caring for her is a blessing. Life gets so busy but I'm making more of an effort to spend more time with her. She is lonely and loves the company. Just keep praying for her. I don't like my Granny suffering so much.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
A Very Sad Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment