I do eat meat but only when I eat out. I never cook it at home anymore since Leopold is a vegetarian. I'm not cooking two different meals. So, I've learned to adapt and adjust. I'm going to be sharing recipes periodically that are some good, vegetarian fare. Now before you go, "GROSS", give them a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. So here is the first one.
Awesome Black Bean Chili
INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced (the frozen kind work well also)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg Morning Star tofu crumbles (use meat if you wish, 1 pound)
3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (use Rotel if you like more of a kick)
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
DIRECTIONS
Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add tofu crumbles and cook until no longer frozen (if using meat cook it until browned). Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, basil and vinegar. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 60 minutes or more, until flavors are well blended.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Awesome Black Bean Chili
Posted by
Shaking it up and making waves!
at
9:19 PM
Labels: Food, Veggie Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment