This recipe was a huge hit tonight so I thought I'd share it. I made it with tofu crumbles but ground beef or turkey would work also.
Sloppy Janes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup chopped scallions
1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 chopped orange bell pepper
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 pkg Tofu Crumbles (1 pound of browned ground beef if you wish)
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 pkg frozen Seasoned Corn & Black Beans with Tomatoes, Peppers and Onions
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 recipe of your favorite corn bread prepared
In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions, bell peppers and garlic, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add Tofu crumbles, diced tomatoes (with juice), frozen corn and black beans, salt and cilantro. Reduce to medium and cook, covered for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Slice cornbread pieces into half and toast in a toaster oven. Spoon 2 tablespoons of sloppy jane mixture over cornbread. Enjoy.







No comments:
Post a Comment