I know many feel that UTMB's future in Galveston should be limited. Why rebuild to have it destroyed by another hurricane? Well, it has been there for a very long time unharmed so I say why not. All I know is that it is sad. 3,800 people will loose their jobs. I think I'm fairly safe -- the nurseries are booming -- but no one is completely safe. All 3 of my children were born there. With Yellow Bird I was so sick and received state of the art, top-notch care there. I can't even begin to tell you the debt of gratitude I owe them for my beautiful son. The Mini Mister's chances of survival were dismal but yet he is this beautiful, vibrant child, so full of life. The wonderful nurses, doctors, therapist and other UTMB employees are responsible for that. He will face a big surgery in the near future which will likely leave him on the ventilator for a bit. I will now have to take him somewhere else. I know there are other great hospitals but there is no place like home. And, UTMB is home. The PICU and Pedi nurses at UTMB know him and love him. My heart is broken. Even if I don't loose my job so many of my friends will. The hospital is just so different and I can't help but be sad at all we are loosing as a community. So, pray for us all in this time. People are scared and sad. Ike has taken a great toll and it will take a long time to recover.
Sophie
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
UTMB layoffs -- It is a sad day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment