Welcome Family and Friends

Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!

Believe it or not...

Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Kid Code!

I know I need to post some pics and will do so soon but I had to share a funny story with you all. I'm sure we all remember the "Jinks" game where you call jinks on someone if you say the same thing at the same time and then have to say their name 3 times to "unjinks" them. Well, I was driving and the girls were in the back seat, not fighting so I wasn't paying too much attention to them. All of the sudden Yellow Bird starts yelling at Sasha. I had to interject to find out what had ruined my nice peace and quiet. Yellow Bird proceeds to tell me that Sasha had kept her "in jinks" for what amounted to about 5 minutes. She was furious and swore revenge the next time she caught Sasha "in jinks". Yellow Bird wanted to know what I would do to Sasha as a punishment for keeping her in jinks for so long. I simply told her that she didn't have to stay "in jinks" if she didn't want to. She looked at me with the most baffled and shocked face. I had suggested that she do something horrible. There is the kid code and all. It seems that minding mom and dad are optional at times (with dire consequences I'll add) but that when someone places you "in jinks" you are at their mercy. The kid code cracks me up. Whoever calls it first, gets it. Do overs are a given. And when someone places you "in jinks", you are stuck and at their mercy. If only all of life were this simple.

Love,
Sophie

No comments: