Welcome Family and Friends

Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!

Believe it or not...

Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pray for Galveston

This picture is of Seawall Blvd. Please pray for those on Galveston island. The island has been devastated by Hurricane Ike. UTMB will be at least a week without power and it is the number 1 priority. There is no power, water, sewer, food. They are busing people off the island who chose to stay now. There has been loss of life. The causeway was damaged so with Surfside and Bolivar inaccessible there is no route to the island. It has been completely shut down with the exception of an emergency lane. I wondered if we were doing the right thing evacuating the hospital. I'm so glad we did. Life there is miserable. Pray for all those who are there, for the rescue workers on the island and all those stranded there. Leopold and I will not be able to return to work for some time. I'm sure the hospital will be up and running before the schools. They are trying to figure out how to relieve those workers who are at the hospital now. Just pray for peace and for safety. It is far worse than anything anyone could have predicted. Complete buildings and homes are gone as if they never existed. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Sophie

1 comment:

jm2sa said...

sophie, let me know if you need a group of nurses to come and help you get your unit up and running. i don't know who would come with me...but i know there are those that would want to help. i can only imagine that most will be tired from getting their homes in order. let me know! Michele