Several weeks ago Yellow Bird began working around the house and neighborhood to raise money for charity. She even recruited her sister and friend to assist her. She said that God had put earning money for others in her heart. I was proud of her but truly thought that she would want to use the money for the Nintendo DS she wants so badly. She was true to her word though and used the money she raised to buy toys for the children's hospital where The Mini Mister lived for so long. She was a little disappointed in how little her money bought (a good financial life lesson) but it made her more determined to earn more money so she can buy more toys. I'm so very proud of her. We delivered the toys today. We are now collecting Pamper points so she can give the free diapers we get to someone in need. We go through lots of Pamper's at work so I'm collecting them there. I have many co-workers gathering them for me and Yellow Bird will put them in the computer so we can earn free diapers for those in need. She has a huge heart of gold. Feel free to forward any Pamper's points you might have and aren't using. The number is in the inside of the diaper packs. You just peel it off. So, if any of you have extra points lying around, send them my way. I'll keep you posted on the diapers we are able to give away.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Proud Parent Moment
Posted by
Shaking it up and making waves!
at
10:05 PM
Labels: Yellow Bird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment