I'm not bragging, although my sweet Leopold would think I'm a 10. I'm referring to the fact that my hemoglobin is now 10. Yeah! I never thought I would be so excited to have a double digit hemoglobin but I am. My iron levels are still very low so I will receive IV iron again this week and then next month. My hematologist says if that doesn't do it then he will drop the "atom bomb iron" on me. My comment to him was "say what!!!" He very casually said that it could cause a fatal allergic reaction (like that was an every day occurrence in my life). He then told me that is why he would admit me to the hospital to give it -- so I could be monitored. My Ob-Gyn called me a medical marvel because I seem to do the most remotely possible medical things. Those small chances of 1-2% of the normal patient population are usually 100% for me. So, to say the "atom bomb iron" makes me a tad nervous is an understatement. Hopefully the regular (non-fatal, allergic reaction) iron will do the trick. Let's all pray that. The first dose did very little so I'm concerned. I'll keep you posted. Life is never boring.
Sophie
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I'm a 10!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment