Welcome Family and Friends

Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!

Believe it or not...

Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Thursday, April 24, 2008

ER visit last night but hopefully now on the mend

I was in the ER until 2 am with Motor Boat. His fever was high and not breaking. He was also having some respiratory distress. Of course while we are waiting in the ER he is acting as if he had never been ill (even with a fever of 103). He was making faces at all the people sitting near us, making them laugh. His Chest X-ray showed what appeared to be a viral illness with no pneumonia. He had been vomiting but was able to keep some Pedialyte down in the ER so they let us go home. I'm always worried when he throws up like he does that he will aspirate. It takes him a bit to recover sometimes. He was running fever this morning but the Motrin worked and his fever broke. I knew when we brought him home that his immune system wasn't up to par for community acquired illnesses. It seems that every couple of weeks he gets some virus. Hopefully his immune system will get built up. I know daycare is not the place for him. He would never be well.

No comments: