I have a love-hate relationship with flying. I love how quickly you can get somewhere but hate the confining places of an airplane. I flew in October to Florida for a board review but before that it had been almost 10 years since I last flew. I was a bit nervous but was flying with a friend so it was better. She kept me calm. She also help me navigate the new security procedures. It was nothing like that the last time I flew pre-9/11. Boy have things changed. This time I was flying alone and had to navigate it all by myself. There was someone sitting near me that had never flown. A grown man that has never flown on an airplane is unusual. He was so nervous that he made me feel like a veteran flier.
I love looking out the windows. It is so beautiful. When you can see the ground I imagine the people I'm flying over and how our lives are intersecting for that brief moment totally unaware. Do they even know I'm flying over them at that point in time? Just find it fascinating. I also love watching people at the airport. I wonder where they are going and why. I saw a lot of military people at the Dallas airport and wondered if they were deploying. They had family members with them who seems sad so I kind of thought they were. Our prayers are with them.
Here is why I was so claustrophobic. What a tiny plane. It was a short flight so that was good. I picked a seat on the single row side. It was still a tight fit.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Love Hate Relationship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment