Yesterday was my graduation. I graduated in December but they only have the ceremony once a year so yesterday was the day. Obtaining my Master's in Nursing was quite the adventure and I'm more than glad it is over but there are always things to be learned from the journey.
Here are some of my friends from the program. I could NOT have done this without them. We supported each other tremendously. I made some lifelong friends. Before graduation.
Squat, don't bend. They kept telling us to squat and not to bend when we were hooded. It became a big joke. The professor that hooded me was very short so I had to squat quite a bit. Not easy to do in heels.I was hesitant to participate in the ceremony. Having graduated in December made the whole thing anti-climatic. But, the kids wanted me to and I'm glad I did. It was a good example to them. They were so excited and kept telling me how proud they were of me. They were with me through all of it.
I love any opportunity in which I can encourage education in my children. They wanted to try on my regalia so I let them. Aren't they cute. Motor Boat wasn't so sure of the hat.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Pomp & Circumstance & all that Jazz
Posted by
Shaking it up and making waves!
at
8:34 AM
Labels: Graduation, Sophie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
so so proud of you girl!
Post a Comment