Welcome Family and Friends

Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!

Believe it or not...

Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, December 21, 2007

Are we crazy or what?

Some of you know that we have traveled 2000 miles to take the girls to see Hannah Montana in Worcester, Mass. Yes, you read that right. We are in Massachusetts. It was a long drive but we are here and we went to the concert tonight. I have to say I don't think that Miley Cyrus has that great of a voice, but who am I to argue with 1000's of preteen/teen girls. Obviously, I don't know much about the music biz. It was a great concert and according to our girls we are the best parents ever. Our trek began when I joined Miley World online with the hopes of getting tickets when she was in Houston. Well, as many know those tickets were impossible to get as scalpers bought them and sold them for outrages prices on the internet. Now, I'm all for free enterprise but I thought selling a ticket for more than face value was wrong. There were so many disappointed little girls around because of it though. Well, thinking it was just not meant to be I put it out of my mind and went onto other things. Life has disappointments and this was one ofthem the girls would have to learn to live with. Well, fast forward to December 2nd. I received an email from Miley World saying they were opening additional seats in remaining venues. I still didn't think I could get them but wanted to at least say I tried. I clicked on several venues with each resulting in a no tickets left notice. All of the sudden I clicked and it said I had 2 minutes and 15 seconds to claim my tickets. I wasn't even sure where it was but just got them. It was spontaneous to say the least. Well, when Leopold gets home from work I tell him that I got Hannah Montana tickets. He comments that she already played here and I broke the news that these tickets were in Massachuettes. After his jaw dropped to the floor he was cool with it. We decided to make a vacation out of it. He took off 3 days of school before the official holiday and we hit the road. We didn't tell the girls what we were doing, just that we were going to see snow for Christmas. I wrapped the tickets and we gave them to them right before the concert. Their faces were priceless (I will post pics of their faces later). We are making a vacation out of it and going to do some sightseeing so we didn't just come for Hannah Montana. The girls can't believe what we did and are still so excited. The Jonas Brothers were also there. Sasha tells me that Nick is so cute. I guess this is where being 11 comes into play. Two very excited little girls and an amazing Christmas. BTW, I've seen the snow and have decided that while it is nice I would not want to live in it all the time. Shorts at Christmas aren't so bad. It is just down right cold here. Burrrrr!!!!

No comments: