I am a get 'er done kind of gal. I seldom take the time to think things through. I get a whim and go with it. This is very disturbing to my male counterpart. He is the kind that measures twice (maybe thrice) and cuts once. I can appreciated this approach but have little patience for it. Well, today we are working on Yellow Bird's room (pics to follow soon) and I'm diligently sanding down the chair rail for painting. Now the chair rail had to be removed and sanded because when I got the whim to finally paint the room I didn't take the time to tape off the chair rail and got pink paint all over it. So, Leopold removes it and I begin sanding. Well, there are still nails in it that I try to remove with my hands. This isn't working and since I can't find a hammer -- at least within reaching distance -- I grab the nearest, hammery like thing I can find, a paintbrush, and begin hammering out the nails with the paint brush handle. Leopold sees what I'm doing and says, "No, female, no". He then finds the hammer that was easily within reach and hands it to me. This isn't working either because the nails are now bent from my banging. So, I mention my dilemma to Leopold and tell him that there isn't a pully thing on this hammer. He looks at me with amazement as I point out the hammer that has a ball thing where the pully thing should be. He informs me that it is a claw. He is so technical. He tells me that wouldn't work anyway because these are finishing nails. I then say, "oh, they don't have a bully bob on the end". This conversation seems to leave him in amazement. I just finished a Master's degree but am using words like hammery thing, pully thing and bully bob. I inform him of how interesting I make life and he just shakes his head in agreement and laughs. Well, now I need to go paint the thingymabob with the brushy thing. A girls work is never done.
Sophie
P.S. When I went to spell check the blog, it had issues with some of my words. Computers must have been invented by a man.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
No, female, no!
Posted by
Shaking it up and making waves!
at
3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment