Welcome Family and Friends

Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!

Believe it or not...

Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Introducing our little man -- Motor Boat!

I want to introduce this little guy to you. We'll call him Motor Boat on the blog for now. He is constantly making motor boat noises. It is so cute. We are in the process of adopting him and today was the first time Leopold and the girls met him. I have known him since birth and took care of him as a nurse. Well, this little guy will become a part of our family very soon. We are so thrilled. We have known for a long time that our family just wasn't complete, that there was another child somewhere in the world that belonged in our family. Well, this is the little guy. I love my children so much and even though we always wanted to adopt I wondered if I could love a child I didn't give birth to as much as I love them. Well, I am here to say I can. I love this little guy so much already and I can't wait to get him home. He is such an amazing little man. I will be so proud to be called his Mommy. You can see why we call him Motor Boat.
Motor boat has had a rough start in life. He was born with a condition called giant omphalocele. This defect has been repaired but since he had a long delay in oral feeding, he doesn't like food in his mouth. They call it oral aversion. He is eating some food but I feel that once he gets home and sits with our family eating meals that he will grow to have more of an interest in food. It is rare that anyone eats in front of him because he is in a hospital unit. He spends a lot of time in his bed because he can't very well crawl around on the floor of the hospital. He turned one in November. He is so cute and once he starts eating he can hopefully get rid of the feeding tube. For a baby that has never left the hospital he has an amazing personality. It speaks to the wonderful care he has received during his long ordeal in the hospital. Once again I have to say how proud I am to belong to such an amazing organization and to work with such incredible people. He laughs and is so friendly. He has a ton of clothes and toys. I told Leopold we would have to rent a U-Haul to get all of his stuff home. So, pray that all goes smoothly with the adoption, that he stays well and healthy, and that he will begin eating regular food soon.Again, you can see why we call him Motor Boat. He does this all the time.

You can see by the girls faces how excited they are about a new baby brother. I think they will be a big help with him.


I think we have a mini-Mozart on our hands. We will have to get him a little piano. He loves it!

Yellow Bird will take such good care of Motor Boat. She is so excited and just loves him so much already.

Here Leopold is helping him learn to walk. He tries. I think once we get him home he will progress quickly. He doesn't get a lot of floor time right now.



Sasha and Motor Boat hit it off. He is such a loving, little guy.

Another toy that he loved. Got to get one of these too!


We thought we were bringing him his first Longhorn shirt. Need to start raising him the right way early on. :) But, when we got there he was already in a Longhorn shirt. Guess he is already getting a good rearing. Way to go! Hook 'em!






So Motor Boat, we cannot wait for you to come home to your family. We promise to love you with all our hearts. We will care for you and protect you. We will always be there for you unconditionally. We will go to the ends of the earth and back to ensure your happiness. We will help you grow in Faith and become a Godly man. Know you are so loved and will be forever at home with us. Come home soon little guy. We love you!

No comments: