These are just a couple of verses that have special meaning to me at this time in my life.
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
These words have brought comfort to me lately. God never promised that this life would be easy, only that He would carry us through. It is hard to know that sometimes bad things will happen in this life. Things that will leave us with little understanding as to why. That can be the hard part, not understanding why. It seems like if there were a good reason for something to happen then we could somehow make sense of it. But, there isn't always a reason we can humanly understand. There is a God who's wisdom is something greater than ours can ever be. Aren't we all sinners? Sin is sin and it all separates us from God. I would like to think that my sin isn't so bad, that there are those in the world who have done things so much worse than my silly, ole sins. Isn't that what we like to think? That our sin isn't as bad as old so-and-so's. Well, even though the world may not see my sin as bad as someone else, God does. All sin nailed Jesus to the cross and my sin drove the nails just as deep as everyone else. So, in a life where we truly are wretched beings, we have a God who covers us in His forgiveness and beauty. We cannot become complacent in our sin or allow our suffering to consume us. But, we must know that we have a God that loves us so much that He came to overcome this world for us. How amazing is that! I have to remind myself of this time and time again. When I feel unworthy of love I have to remember how the God of the universe loves me, wretched, sinful me. He loves me so much that he died for me. Love so amazing. When I deserve nothing more than eternal damnation, God has offered me so much more. Eternal life.
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26
I do not have the words to express to you the peace and joy I have found in this one precious gem in God's Word. He gives us the gift of His mercies being new every morning and that is beyond my comprehension. I am thankful that God loves me so much and is so faithful even when I fail Him time and again. His continuing compassion NEVER fails! Meditate on His Word. I have found compassion hard to feel at times, thankfully my God is not short on his mercy with us. I praise Him for his new mercy he gives to us each and every day. He is our portion, our Hope, and our Compassionate, Faithful, Merciful Father. It is because of Him that we are not utterly consumed by this life. He constantly redeems our days and makes all things new.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Favorite Bible verses and why they are favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment