Sometimes life leaves us broken, even shattered. There are events in life that we cannot control that hurt and leave us broken and with battle scars. As I watch Motor Boat sleep (a favorite pasttime I might add), I notice his battle scars. His tiny hands that are riddled with scars left by the numerous IV's he had. The scar on his left thigh from where a central line was sutured. And his tummy which is a huge and massive scar that will never fade or go away. It is easy to say that he has more battle scars than any 15 month old should have to carry. But, I think of his tenacity in facing his little life. He has fought great and overwhelming odds and has become this sweet, smiling baby that is a joy to everyone that meets him. He started this life with so many strikes against him but has thrived.
But, what about those scars that aren't so visible? The internal scars that leave us broken on the inside. The scars we try to hide and often do for a long time. The ones that leave us emotionally scarred. What do we do with those? I have those scars. I won't go into detail because the road to brokenness is not what matters. What does matter is that we are broken and there is a journey of the heart that leads us home even if the road home is broken. The journey is hard but as I look at Motor Boat I know it is possible. I find so much strength in him. So many life lessons in a 24 pound body. He is an inspiration and motivation. To not only survive, but to overcome. That is what Christ desires for us, victory! He will lead us down that broken road and enable us with an overcoming power. Jesus told us we would have trouble in this world but that He had overcome this world.
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
How wonderful to know that no matter what we endure, Christ has overcome it for us.
Welcome Family and Friends
Together we can shake things up, make some waves and have fun doing it!
Believe it or not...
The choice is yours!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Brokenness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
What a blessing to have found your site on the Baby Bangs site. This was a beautiful post that touched my heart.
Post a Comment