Today is Leopold's birthday. Tonight we will have a date, Mom will keep the kids for us. We are going to dinner and a play (I'll post pics later of our evening). I'm excited. We haven't had a chance for a date in a long time. The kids are bummed because they want to go but sometimes Mommy and Daddy need some adult time. The poem below is one that I used to make a scrapbook for Leopold several Father's Days ago. To me it says so much about him. I love him so much and I'm so glad that I get to spend today and every today after this one with him.
The Strength of a Man
The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders.It's seen in the width of his arms that circle you.
The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice. It's in the gentle words he whispers.
The strength of a man isn't how many buddies he has. It's how good a buddy he is with his kids.
The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work. It's in how respected he is at home.
The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits. It's in how tender he touches.
The strength of a man isn't in the hair on his chest. It's in his Heart ... that lies within his chest.
The strength of a man isn't how many women he's loved. It's in how he can be true to one woman.
The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift. It's in the burdens he can carry.
Written by Jacqueline Marie Griffiths








1 comment:
Happy Birthday from MO!!!
Post a Comment